About Adam Morley
“St. Johns County’s 40 under 40” – St. Augustine Record 2019
Voted St. Augustine’s “Best Environmental activist” by readers of Folio Weekly two years in a row.
Voted St. Augustine’s “Best Community Activist” and “Best Volunteer Effort” by readers of Folio Weekly in 2020
Anastasia Island Environmental Stewardship Award” – City of St. Augustine Beach 2019
I like to keep things simple, focus on the issues that impact our daily lives, and avoid the political theater and drama that plagues today’s politics. My hobbies and interests outside of politics include ballroom dancing, billiards, dad jokes, boating, and fishing. It’s my belief that it’s important for representatives to have more interests than just politics and money. I am a Husband and father. My wife and I own a small business and are both native to northeast Florida. I am a USGC Licensed Master Captain of 20 years and being on the water is one of my greatest passions. I sit on the board of the Florida Wildlife Federation, the president of the Flagler Sportfishing Club, the founder the the “Litter Gitter” program now run by the Matanzas Riverkeeper, and co-creator of the card game Pop Quip!
“Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future. John F. Kennedy
Restoring Home Rule - give power back to the people & communities so they can address pressing issues in a timely manner.
Fighting for Clean Water policies - water is our most precious and valuable resource. It is Florida’s true economic driver and must be protected for all to enjoy and benefit from.
About the Candidate
- Restoring Home Rule – give power back to the people & communities so they can address pressing issues in a timely manner.
- Fighting for Clean Water policies – water is our most precious and valuable resource. It is Florida’s true economic driver and must be protected for all to enjoy and benefit from.
- Protecting Privacy Rights – I will fight to keep government out of our personal lives and choices. Government does not belong in the bedroom or doctor’s office with patients.
- Affordable Living – protect Florida’s workers, families, and community character from special interests looking to exploit available housing that in turn drive up costs.
- Addressing Homelessness and Mental Health – we need to bring back public facilities funded by the state to relieve the burden left on local governments to address both homelessness issues and mental health issues. This is a problem too big to be left up to small, resource strapped communities to handle alone.
- Legalize Marijuana – it’s time. It’s already practically done, anyone can get a card for the right price. The only ones that benefit from the current system are the doctors that issue the cards and the corporate retailers that sell overpriced product. Time for a new approach that works for the people.
- Better Energy Policies – we are the sunshine state yet we are not leaders in solar due to restrictive state policies supported by utilities (State sanctioned monopolies) so that they can maintain power…pun intended.
- Fiscal Responsibility – Florida’s government should be run like a B Corp. there needs to be an ROI that benefits residents now and in the future.
- Fair Elections – close the “write-in loophole” that screws voters out of getting a say in who represents them. Semi-open primaries to end the taxation without representation of our current system.
Recognition And Awards:
• “St. Johns County’s 40 under 40” – St. Augustine Record 2019
•“35 under 35” Void Magazine 2019
•Voted St. Augustine’s “Best Environmental activist” by readers of Folio Weekly two years in a row.
• Voted St. Augustine’s “Best Community Activist” and “Best Volunteer Effort” by readers of Folio Weekly in 2020
•Owns Genung’s Fish Camp, voted St. Augustine’s “Best Bait & Tackle Shop” two years in a row and “Best Fish Camp” in 2020 by readers of Folio Weekly
•“2017 Green Living award” – Florida Wildlife Federation
•“Anastasia Island Environmental Stewardship Award” – City of St. Augustine Beach 2019
•“North Florida’s next generation of Environmental Leaders” – Public Trust Law
•Founder and former owner of ANJ Recycling Service, LLC (sold in 2015)
Boards. Past & present
- Florida Wildlife Federation
- Flagler Sportfishing Club (president)
- Friends of A1A (past president)
- Friends of Anastasia State Park (past president)
- Friends of Tomoka Basin State Parks (former board member)
- North Florida Coastal Caretakers (former board member)